Delivering a simple meal every day is not a big challenge for any meal delivery service. But when it comes to delivering meal for renal patients every meal delivery service comes under real challenge. This is because there are a lot of criteria that one has to consider while preparing a meal for a renal patient every day.
What Do You Mean By Renal Diet?
Those patients who suffer from dysfunctional kidney are usually called renal patients. The diet served to renal patients is called renal diet. The importance of renal diet lies in the fact that the diet is an integral part of the treatment and hence it carries a lot of importance. Since most of the time it is difficult to prepare renal diet at home, patients often go for renal diet meal delivery service.
Salient Features Of A Renal Diet
- One of the important aspects of renal diet is the fact that there should less amount of liquid intake or those foods that produce water in the body. Since renal patients have a weak kidney liquid intake may create problem and can even be fatal. Keeping this in mind intake of certain nutrients specially Potassium, Protein, phosphorous, sodium and fluids should be heavily checked or controlled.
- Do not go for readymade food, pickles, tinned foods for renal patients as they are rich in salt and hence sodium content is high.
- Potassium is found in oranges, bananas, lentils, tomatoes, milk, chocolates in high content. Strictly avoid these in the diet.
- Meat, poultry products, fish are rich in phosphorous, so avoid them as much as possible.
- A dietician or the doctor attending a renal patient actually makes a detailed list of restriction on certain food items.
Dealing With Renal Meal Delivery Service
- Make sure that the meal delivery company completely and strictly confirms to the diet chart and details you have provided to the company. The details should also include the amount of food per serving as well. Check for the first couple of weeks about the strictness with which they follow the diet chart and their precision on the content of food.
- Refrigerated food is also a big restriction for renal patients and hence one need to ensure that the delivered food is fresh.
- Renal food is indeed very boring and most of the time patients refuse to go for such diet. Hence make sure that the packaging of the meal is absolutely clean yet attractive.
A good renal meal delivery service is one that should try out new delicacies within the strict diet routine so that there is no monotony in the meals. This may actually influence the patient to have the food willingly.
According to Veronica Tucker, a young businesswoman, Marthasseniorgourmet.com is the best meal delivery service. Her father is a renal patient and she orders the renal diet food for the last six months. Both the service and the food is very satisfying.