How To Find Incorrect or Missing MP3 Tag Information
MP3 tag information is one of the most important parts of your music library because it does not only help […]
MP3 tag information is one of the most important parts of your music library because it does not only help you know the important details about the song that you have downloaded but it also makes your playlist look organized. One of the small problems that cannot be avoided when you are downloading songs is the incorrect or missing tag information.
In this section, you will find simplified details on how to find and fix missing MP3 tag information. But before that, you need to understand that there are times when the songs that you download have missing and incorrect song title, track numbers, genre and even the name of the singers. When these things are missing or incomplete, it is hard for you to organize the music library. So, in order for you to solve this problem, here are the things that you can consider:
1. For people who are using Windows media player, there are easy ways for you to find and fix missing MP3 information. This type of music library has a program that can automatically scan and search for the missing or incorrect tags. With this, you do not really have to look for software that you will be purchasing in order to get through with the task. All you need to do is to follow these simple steps:
- Click on More Options on the Library tab and look for Automatic Media Information Updates for Files.
- When you have already clicked on that, you can now click on the check box that lies before the Retrieve Additional Information From the Internet button.
- After that, you will be given two options to select from. You should choose Only Add Missing Information. This will help you get the missing information for your songs.
2. For people who are using iTunes, this music library also has its own ability to retrieve the missing information and also to replace the wrong once. All you need to do is to follow these steps:
- Open your iTunes music library and press CTRL A in order for you to select all the songs that are present in your music library.
- When everything is selected, right click and choose Get Track Names and this will do the work. The track names will be fixed instantly.
3. There are also other options that you can choose from. Aside from relying on the programs that can do the task automatically, you can also do the task manually. All you need to do is to look for the details with the use of the Internet. You can easily search for the missing details if you are going to determine what is missing and what is incorrect. After that, follow this simple process:
- Select the song that has missing or incomplete information.
- Right click on the song and select properties.
- Under Properties, you should click on Details and from there, you can now insert the missing information manually.
As you go through the process of editing and fixing missing and incomplete information, you should also delete duplicates in iTunes. This can be done easily with the help of effective software programs. Ide from that, you should also consider MP3 manager and you will surely find it easy to organize your music library.