How To Maintain A Healthy Spine?
Backache is perhaps the most common kind of pain people endure. It is the reason why people make so many […]
Backache is perhaps the most common kind of pain people endure. It is the reason why people make so many visits to the doctor and remain absent from work for so long. Sometimes, it is so painful that the doctors advise the patients to undergo a surgery. But at times, it is not that serious as well. The human body as everyone knows is a complex configuration which consists of muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones and disks. Any trouble to these may lead to severe back pain. The reason why most people undergo back pains are as under:
- Strained muscles or ligaments.
- Muscle spasm
- Lifting something heavy
- Abrupt blow to the back
- Lifting something inappropriately
The other reasons being the structural problems which result in a lot of back pain are as under:
- Unusual curving of spine
- Bulging or ruptured disks
- Tumor in the spine
- Incorrect sleeping position
To ensure a healthy spine, one must consider the best spine treatment in India. Doctors may advice surgery to the patients in case of the following:
- Slipped Disk
- Spurs caused by Arthritis
- Weak legs and arms
- Trouble in walking
- No bowel or bladder control
- Dislocated bone
- Spinal Infection
Things one must do to keep the back healthy?
One must keep the back healthy by being active. Choose from various activities which will make you stronger and active. As being active is very important even if you are suffering from the back pain. Medical science has always proved the importance of a fit body. Therefore you may indulge in the following activities for building the strength of your muscles which your back relies upon:
- Pilates– This is a very commonly practiced form of muscle rehabilitation. However, some exercises may be too strenuous for the body so practice Pilates under a certified trainer.
- Strength training and stretching – More flexible the back is, the more stronger will be. There are a number of stretching exercises which when done in combination with strength training can help reduce the back pain immensely.
- Yoga – Yoga is the traditional form of exercise and has shown great results in case of back pain.
- Tai Chi – The Chinese Martial art is the new thing on the block. The movements and the stretches are pretty gentle and people who undertook this form of relaxation have said that their back pain has significantly improved.
Additional tips to keep the spine fit and healthy
While the exercises mentioned above are helpful for the back, there are few more things which you can do to keep your spine fit and healthy. Everyone including all the major Spine surgery hospitals in India, have vouched for the below mentioned techniques to keep the spine in a good working condition throughout the life:
- Make exercise a vital part of your routine
- Sit correctly
- Walk more
- Try using warm water bottle to soothe the pain
- Use a good pillow and mattress that must support the back and keep it aligned
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Undertake massage therapy once a while
- Lift your stuff accurately and seek help in case of very heavy stuff