Red Carpet Highlights Of The 2013 Golden Globes
The 2013 Golden Globe Awards was loaded with glamour, humour and controversial speeches (I won’t mention any names – Jodie […]
The 2013 Golden Globe Awards was loaded with glamour, humour and controversial speeches (I won’t mention any names – Jodie Foster). Although I expected nothing less from the first of this year’s major award ceremonies, my excitement was undeniably reserved for the star-studded belles and beaus of the red carpet.
Here are some of the emerging trends that punctuated the evening, leaving the rest of us with some glamour tips for our own evening wardrobe.
5 Golden Globe Style Trends
- Red on Red: Clearly these actresses had no reservations competing with the red carpet itself- much to their credit. Putting scarlet back on the menu for awards season, Jennifer Lawrence rocked the red on red trend with her full-skirted Dior couture gown. Zooey Deschanel was a notable second in her strapless Oscar de la Renta dress, which she accessorised with a classic set of pearls.
- Black is Back: Adele, Kate Hudson, and Nicole Kidman are just a few of the names that pulled out LBDs for this year’s Golden Globes ceremony. Their jet black gowns are a testament to the fact that black is a classic red carpet staple that packs a punch whatever your age.
- It’s all about the Sleeves: Jennifer Lopez, Kate Hudson and Eva Longoria all pulled out sleek winter sleeves for the occasion. Pairing the look with deep necklines, lace trim, and embellishments, these A-list actresses were the best examples of how to pull off long sleeve evening wear.
- White/Nude: The 2013 Golden Globe red carpet was a winter wonderland of white, nude, and blush gowns. A trend that has filtered down from the catwalk, the unforgiving shade coupled with nude was one of the biggest winners of the night. Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Helen Hunt, and Lea Michelle were among the starlets who opted for the lighter look, with Michelle Dockery scooping a nomination for best dressed in her designer gown.
- Embellishment: Thandie Newton, Kerry Washington, and Emily Blunt were fashion-favourites in their bejewelled dresses. Pulling out all the stops, these actresses brought their sheer glamour to the red carpet and were some of the biggest style hits of the evening.
2013 Golden Globes Best Dressed
Near the top of my favourite celeb red carpet appearances, Emily Blunt led the embellishment trend with her gold cut-out Michael Kors dress. Finishing of the look with smoky eyes, a sleek bun and a box clutch, Blunt was the epitome of sartorial splendour! Kate Hudson was a close second in her gorgeous black Alexander McQueen gown. Pulling off the sleek look with its dazzling gold bead neckline, Kate was looking her pre-baby best. Lastly, not enough can be said about Michelle Dockery’s white Alexandre Vauthier gown and its structured gold yoke overlay. The UK beauty was the highlight of the 2013 Golden Globes red carpet with her ultra glamorous look.
Bella Gray is loves writing about the latest emerging fashion trends and celebrity style. A of couture and men’s dinner suits, Gray is the perfect go-to-gal for all your fashion gossip and news.